Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Ohio

bankruptcy 13

We have been in bankruptcy for 3 years and have always had payments removed from check weekly. My husband has recently got layed off and i can not afford to pay this payment. Is there any other help for this situation to help out for a short period of time?

Asked on 1/18/09, 4:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Justin Smith J.M. Smith Co., LPA

Re: bankruptcy 13

Yes, you should contact the attorney that filed your chapter 13 bankruptcy and explain your situation to them. Your attorney can file a motion with the court asking to temporarily suspend you plan payments due to the loss of employment. If you don't know, you may also want to ask your attorney how much longer you have in your plan, since most plans run three years (but can run as long as five under certain circumstances).

Read more
Answered on 1/18/09, 10:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Ohio