Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Ohio

I recently wrote a check to get my car out of the shop. Well the check bounced and was returned to the repair shop because the money asnt in my account to pay it like i thought it would be. Now the shop owner says he's going to the police about it. what should i do? because i dont have that kind of money to pay it right now. but i would be willing to make payments but he wont even consider it. and i dont wanna get into trouble so what should i do?

Asked on 9/10/09, 9:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

I would suggest having me draft a letter on your behalf. I would tell him that he needs to accept payments or that he will not get paid. If he goes to the police then the worst that could happen is they attempt to get you for a bounced check, but that can be easily handled.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Read more
Answered on 9/12/09, 5:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Ohio