Legal Question in Consumer Law in Ohio

I had the windshield replaced in my SUV and in the process the shop damaged several parts of the body (chipped paint, dents, etc.) A dealer estimated the repair costs at $1400 and the shop admitted to the damage. However they do not want to pay that much for repairs so they have sent it to a 'guy' they work with who botched the job even worse. They won't even give me the guys full name or address. I want it fixed by a proper body shop but they say they have the right to use whoever they want. What's my possible courses of action?

Asked on 6/21/13, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, you have the right to have your vehicle returned to you in the condition it was in when you gave it to them. If their "guy" can do that, then more power to them. If their "guy" can't (and it sounds like he could not) then your right to have the car returned free of such problems remains.

Your course of action from this point forward would be to sue them for negligence, and possibly a claim for relief under the Consumer Sales Practices Act.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Ohio