Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Ohio

I am a current resident of the state of Ohio. Before moving to Ohio about 2 years ago, I took out loan from a friend in Texas. I always paid on time and there were never any issues until I moved to Ohio. We lost touch and I had no mailing address or phone number for him. He made no effort to contact me as my phone number has remained the same. On Monday he called me at work saying that he had found me online. He stated that I had to send him $5000.00 by Friday (4 days later). I do not have the total amount right now. He stated that he would go to his attorney (in Texas) and file to have my wages garnished (from here in Ohio). Is that a possibility? I know that in Texas they will not garnish wages for something like this but I am so scared that he can file there and then take my money. I am a mother of 4 and I am so afraid. I am willing ot pay with no problems however I dont have $5000.00 up front. When taking out the loan from him, we signed a form stating he game me a loan. I paid for a year then we lost contact. Please help....

Asked on 9/17/09, 11:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

I wouldn't be overly concerned about this. Please send me the form you signed so that I can review it. I would be happy to represent you in this.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Read more
Answered on 9/20/09, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Ohio