Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Ohio

I just had a judgement issued against me for an old debt. I am unemployed and on disability. Since there are no wages to garnish, I am looking at a bank attachment. I have 2 accounts. The first being in my name only, this is where my disability goes. The second is a joint account with my husband, only his pay goes in this account. Can my husbands pay be taken since I am on this account with him?

Asked on 3/16/15, 2:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jann Washington Jann C. Washington, Esq., LLC

If you don't co-mingle your funds with your husbands and you can clearly show that the only funds in that account are his funds, then his pay cannot be garnished from that account.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/15, 2:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Ohio