Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Ohio

A local bank is suing me for an old account that I didn't know needed to be paid? They filed in the small claims court for $429. What do I do next?

Asked on 4/14/16, 5:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jann Washington Jann C. Washington, Esq., LLC

If you believe that the debt is in error and it was filed in the small claims court, you need to attend the hearing and argue your case. Otherwise, you can either negotiate with the bank before the hearing or, if you don't attend, the bank will get a default judgment and begin the collection process through garnishment or attachment proceedings.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/16, 2:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Ohio