Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

My 20 year old son was served papers for contributing to the unruliness of a minor and has to go to court. The minor showed up to his house with a group of friends. My son did not know the kid, or age of minor or the boy or that he was under house arrest. Is this a misdemeanor or a felony? How should my son plea? Should he get legal representation?

Asked on 3/29/16, 5:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs Jacobs & Lowder

He should plead not guilty to set up a pre trial. Then you will be able to collect the evidence against him. There are many viable alternatives the prosecutor may offer to settle the case, including dismissal, diversion, or a lower offense. Call me directly if you want. 216.952.1990

Read more
Answered on 3/29/16, 6:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio