Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

I was charged with theft 2913.02 in Ohio. The amount was $126. I paid the amount requested by the store the next day and all items were returned. The public defender just told me that I need to go to trial and I am facing 10 days in jail. Could this be suspended. I have never been in trouble before and I am also a student in nursing school. Will I not be able to pursue my dreams any longer.

Asked on 9/25/09, 3:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

Did your public defender inquire about any form of alternate sentencing for you? Often, if it is your first offense, you will only get probation. The problem is this will go on your record and employers will see it. With alternative sentencing you can often get your record expunged.

If there is anything else that I can help you with do not hesitate to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in anyway that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Read more
Answered on 9/25/09, 7:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio