Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

I'm on probation in Ohio and want to get a transfer to Colorado where my family is. My p.o. said I would have to have my attorney do the work for me but I don't have the money for that. Is this something I can file for on my own? If so what is my first step?

Asked on 10/22/16, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs Jacobs & Lowder

Write a letter to the judge. Call it a motion and file it. Put your case number on it.. Serve it on the prosecutor. Give all your reasons. Ask to be terminated from probation OR to have the probation transferred as an alternative. They just might cut you loose. Call me directly if you have other questions. 216.952.1990 But you should still use a lawyer to speak for you!

Read more
Answered on 10/24/16, 4:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio