Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

I am staying at the Days Inn Hotel and the front desk clerk forged my signature on the cost of the hotel receipt, because she charged us $245.00 a week when it was really $237.00. Can I sue the hotel and if not what should I do? Also if I do sue the hotel how much money would I be able to get? Thank you.

Asked on 3/04/13, 5:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

Contact your credit card company and notify them of the dispute. They will place a hold on the charge. It may get the charge eliminated completely or reduced to $237. Filing a lawsuit would not benefit you financially. Your damages are $8. Under the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act, you could be eligible to receive total dames of $24 (plus attorneys fees & court costs). However, you would have to front those costs, so you'd initially spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars in fees and costs attempting to get a judgment of $24.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/13, 7:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio