Legal Question in Elder Law in Ohio

Elder law -determining incompetantcy

My mother has dementia and also has had several strokes, my father which is 79 is taking care of her. They own a home and are on a very fixed income. He can no longer take care of her, as she has become hostile and combative. I am wanting to know how he can go about having her declared incompetant and possibly put in a nursing home without taking his home from him?

Asked on 2/25/08, 4:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.

Re: Elder law -determining incompetantcy

Your mom should be evaluated by her doctor. Then a social work agency or social services at the city hall where they reside may help with a referral.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/08, 6:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Ohio