Legal Question in Elder Law in Ohio

Elderly abuse

Our elderly father (upper 80's) has confided on two separate occasions to two of his children that his wife (our mother) is attacking him with her fists in bursts of anger. We strongly suspect that she is abusing alcohol. We need to take action, but are not sure where to begin. Our parents are very private people and I believe they have covered this behavior for a long time.

Asked on 5/15/09, 3:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.

Re: Elderly abuse

You can contact senior services in the community where they live (city hall), or someone in adult protective services in the county where they live. You will find many people in your situation. There may always have been abuses in the family. As people age, they lose their inhibitions. I suggest not putting much stake in the fact that they are private people. Their safety comes first.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/09, 7:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Ohio