Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My boyfriend is in the middle of custody proceedings with his ex over their son, who she just moved to Roundup, MT. 2 weeks ago, my boyfriend was suddenly locked out of both his email accounts (1 public & linked to facebook, the other private & linked to his bank & credit cards) and his facebook page. We reset everything to find they had been illegally accessed by someone who had messed with his FB settings (childish stuff, like making him 10 years older), but had also deleted EVERYTHING in the account linked to his finances. I traced the IP address that had accessed them to Roundup, MT, & we believe it was his ex's new boyfriend who did it. We took everything I had printed off, the browser access, IP address, IP trace & map, etc, and filed a police report, but they weren't very helpful. Last week we came home to find our front door open but nothing was missing. Last night I got a private FB message from the boyfriend saying "You should really lock your doors" & his critique of our house. Help!

Asked on 9/13/13, 8:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

People confess to stuff on facebook all the time. Take it to the police again and if they wont do anything then take it directly to the local prosecutors office. If the prosecutor wont do anything then take it to the local newspaper or newschannel as they might find the story and the lack of prosecution interesting enough to start asking questions.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio