Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I have just finished going to court to determine child support & Spousal support.

We agreed upon an amount and the papers are written up. My ex-wife and I came to an additional agreement where instead of paying her weekly I would pay her a lump sum at the end of the month for child / Spousal support.

Question: Is this Decision even legal that we made ? child support need to be a weekly payment or can it be a lump sum?

Asked on 3/27/13, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Benjamin Partee Partee Law

Probably not. Child support must be paid through the Child Support Enforcement Agency. They would need to have a court order stating your agreement as to payments. Otherwise, they're going to continue assessing child support as ordered You should contact an attorney to help you make these changes.


Read more
Answered on 3/27/13, 8:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio