Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My ex husband and I live in the same school district.We have bi-weekly shared parenting. I have always handled the schooling. I am moving 7 minutes down the road which is a different school district. My son's father has decided that since I don't have vehicle during the day to keep our son in his current school, that our son should live with him durning the week and only come to my house on the weekends. Can he really do this to me and my son?

Asked on 9/28/12, 1:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Meier Law Office of Anthony W. Greco

If you are moving to a school district that is ranked significantly lower than the one your son is currently attending, your son's father may have a basis to move to modify the shared parenting plan. That does not mean that he would win his case, however.

Should you need legal representation, please contact my office. The attorneys in my firm have over 20 years experience and know how to cleverly litigate cases. We litigate cases all over the state of Ohio.

Good luck.

This answer is based on Ohio law and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

[email protected]

ph: 614-792-7800

Read more
Answered on 9/28/12, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio