Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I live in Ohio my spouse and children need to relocate for my husband has a better job and we can get cheaper cost of living. 3-4 hours away but still in Ohio same state. Is there anything I have to do since my oldest son is from another man with the courts? I have custody and its not stated in our papers about relocating

Asked on 6/01/13, 5:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, you must obey what ever the court order says about relocating. If the court order says nothing about relocating, then you can relocate, but be advised that you need to still be able to either comply with the visitation schedule, or if you find that impossible given the times and distances, then you need to file for a modification of the court's order.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/13, 10:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio