Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

If I marry someone that owes back child support am I responsible?

Asked on 5/04/13, 9:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

Not in Ohio. However, marital funds, such as his income, will likely be pulled from his paychecks ahead of time. Further, if he is behind and not currently making any payments, he could be found in contempt of court and the if he doesn't pay he will be going to jail. At that point he may turn to you for help and if you provide it, it will be much like yur being found responsible.

But as a legal matter, you will not be responsible.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/13, 4:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio