Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My ex who is the mother of my daughter used to be abusive towards me. She has bitten me, hit me and left marks and bruises. I took pictures of all the marks. She also had two kids try to jump me with bats and I called the police and they confiscated the weapons and I have the police report. She's also told a lot of her friends online that she "wishes she could find someone to kill me" and she "wishes I would just die". She has been with 5 different guys since she was pregnant with my daughter. She told me once to "follow in my uncles footsteps and shoot myself" and my mother and I have witnessed her tell her mom to "put a gun in her mouth and pull the trigger". She lives with her parents and her dad has a few drug charges, a domestic violence charge and a few drug paraphernilia charges. She has no job nor does her boyfriend that lives with her. What are my chances of getting full custody if I have no police record, i'm living with my parents and siblings who all have no police record, all of us have jobs, I attend church every weekend with my mother and my job is at home where I can take care of my daughter too?

Asked on 1/07/10, 1:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Michael Benson Benson Law Firm

Predicting what a judge will do in light of all the facts is difficult to assess merely on the basis of a bulletin board posting. But you should definitely seek legal counsel in light of what you've disclosed.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/10, 2:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio