Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I am a pipeliner in Ohio and make about $5200 gross pay a month. My ex and I have a 2 year old boy together. She left in October and took my son to Georgia, I havent really seen him since. She asked for $100 a week as "child support" so since October, I have been sending her a check of $200 ever other week and the memo says "child support". She is now married to a man in the Navy. She called me and said that her WIC will be canceled in Georgia if she doesnt OFFICIALLY FILE for child support. I told her that I am going to fight for full custody of our son, and if I cant get full custody, then I want him for 6 months out of the year. Is there any chance of me getting him for 6 months or full time? How much would my child support be to my ex while she has our son? Would she pay me child support while I have our son? How much would that be? And would my child support be lowered while I am on unemployment? Please help me.

Asked on 5/17/10, 7:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kerpsack Robert W. Kerpsack Co., L.P.A.

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances. Unfortunately, I do not practice domestic relations law and I am not licensed to practice law in Georgia; therefore, I am not going to be able to answer your specific questions, nor will I be representing you. I urge you to consult immediately with other lawyers regarding your potential legal rights. The local bar association in the Georgia county where your ex-wife resides may have a lawyer referral service that can provide you with the names of lawyers who handle these types of matters. In the alternative, you may want to contact the Columbus Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (telephone number 614-221-4112; web address I am sorry I cannot help you.

Bob Kerpsack

Phone: 614-766-2000

Fax: 614-766-2005

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 3:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio