Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I separated from my husband 10 days ago in Lorain Ohio and moved to another state (West Virginia)without him knowing and took the 3 children involved because it was a mentally abusive situation. He is now saying that he can have me charged and arrested because I left the state without his knowing or his permission. My question is, is this true and can I face jail time like he stated for this?

Asked on 9/23/13, 2:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Slater Slater & Zurz LLP

To properly answer your question, we would like to provide you with a free consultation with one of our attorneys. To request your free consultation, please visit the following link:

Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 2:10 pm

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, unless there is a court order properly served upon you commanding you not to take the kids anywhere, you can legally take your children anywhere (even West Virginia) without facing criminal charges.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 4:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio