Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My sister has had her daughter for 7 years. She has her on primary custody where the father can get her for 20 days a season. He is in the military and recently got back from Iraq. Since getting back, he has gotten married and had another child with another woman and wants sole custody of my sister's child, with her only having visitation right. He also wants to move to another state. He's even going as far as to talk to my sisters ex lovers to say she is an unfit mother. My question is what can my sister do to stop him from moving away, he'll never let her if that happens and i'm afraid that if she loses custody she may hurt herself since my sister gave birth to twins which one had died in the father's care. How can I help stop this man from hurting my sister even worse..

Asked on 9/24/09, 4:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

The first thing to do is see if this man actually files for custody. Since your sister is the one with custody right now it is up to him to actually file in order to receive anything. It does not sound like he has done that. Also, he has to have a good reason to get custody changed. Simply wanting his daughter is not enough and the court is going to take into account that fact that your sister has had her for 7 years.

Your sister does need an attorney and I would be happy to represent her in this process. My rates are only $50 per hour.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in anyway that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Read more
Answered on 9/26/09, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio