Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I'm an in the state oh Ohio we currently have a shared parenting agreement with split time. The biological mother is in prison and has not been a part of the child's life for almost two years. We have provided for him and given him a stable home during this time. We are going to court for full custody and asking for supervised visitations. We do not have legal council and she has a public defender. What should we expect from this? Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Asked on 2/03/13, 1:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

I would recommend getting an attorney but based on what you have posted you have a good case since the child has been in your custody for the past two years and the mom has been in prison. I believe she will get supervised visitation and will eventually get more depending on how the child and mother do.

I would contact an attorney because there are a lot of facts and issues that need to be more thoroughly reviewed than can be done here.

If you need any thing else please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 2/03/13, 2:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio