Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

Hi & thanks in advance for your time.

I won a case in Michigan (i live in Michigan) against someone who lives in Ohio, but owns property here in Michigan. He has recently quit claimed the property to his daughter. Can I put a Lien on the warranty deed as that is still in the Father's name?

Also, barring the ability to collect on the property in Michigan, is it possible to garnish their spousal support as a means of payment?


Asked on 9/25/09, 7:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

I don't think you can garnish the spousal support but you can put a lien on the home.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/09, 4:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio