Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

I was charged with a 642.02 misdemeanor theft in Ashtabula county in December of 2008. I completed probabtion on May 22, 2009 how do I go about getting this expunged?

Asked on 1/23/10, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Davies Law Office of David H. Davies

Expungement (sealing) of your record is possible if this was your first conviction, you have not had any new charges and it has been a year since your obligations to the court have been satisfied-that includes payent of costs and fines, performing any public service ordered by the court and completing probation.

Most likely you will need to wait until one year from the end of your probation before filing. At that point you can file an application with the Court to have your record sealed. If the court grants your request, the conviction no longer exists but can be unsealed in the event of later charge.

That is the quick answer. If you have other questions feel free to contact me. No charge or obligation for a confidential telephone conference.

Good Luck!


Read more
Answered on 2/02/10, 9:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio