Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

Collection on a Judgement

How do I collect money owed on a civil case I won? The judgement is against the defendant for not paying for childcare services I provided. I've remained in contact with her and each time she says she'll send payment, yet, I never get it. I told her I would garnish her wages if I had to, but she's now lost her job. She is starting another job but hasn't told me with who. What can I do now? And how can I find out where she's working?

Asked on 3/06/05, 3:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Chris Roderick Linton Belfance LLP

Re: Collection on a Judgement

You can get a certified copy of the judgment and file it with the Common Pleas court to register the lien. That way, she can't sell her house or refinance without paying you. You can also attach her bank account along with garnish wages. To find this info out, you can do what is called a debtor's exam to ask her where and what her assets are.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/05, 7:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio