Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

Hi, could you tell me how and when to file a discovery for a civil summons I just recieved.

Asked on 2/03/10, 7:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harold Paddock Harold Paddock Co. LPA

Not knowing what type of suit it is, you should know generally you have 28 days after service of a summons and complaint to file an answer with the clerk of courts where the suit was started. You must also mail a copy of your answer to the attorney or party who filed the case. You mentioned discovery. Discovery of the facts of a case usually occurs after the answer is filed. If you feel you can't prepare an answer on your own, you should consult with a local attorney. Also if the suit is big enough or if you have insurance, you should speak to an attorney about it.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/10, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio