Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

My husband passed away last April. He had two IRA accounts. I am listed as beneficiary 100 % 0n 0ne and 50 % 0n the other. His daughter my step duaghter is trying to get all of both IRA's. She has an Attourney trying to sue the IRA. Can she do this.How can the IRA not give me my money. What can I do?

Asked on 1/22/10, 9:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Davies Law Office of David H. Davies

If you are the beneficiary on an account, the holder of the funds should turn them over to you per the account terms.

If you have not already done so, you need to talk directly to an attorney as soon as possible. You should be able to get some basic answers with little or no expense. I do not charge a fee for an initial confidential telephone conference and will be happy to talk to you if you do not have an attorney. 440-953-2000

Good Luck!

David H. Davies

Read more
Answered on 1/29/10, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio