Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

I live across the street from the police department in a very small town. (less than 30,000) at change shift sometimes 3am they carry on very long and loud conversations lasting quite often for 1/2 hour. this takes place right outside my kitchen and bedroom windows they continue even though I've informed them I am a chronic-insomniac. I'm talking unneccessarily loud nothing to do with the normal back and forth of the day. what can I do. the officer in charge says they are off duty so he can't tell them what to do...don't they have to obey the law also?

Asked on 7/20/13, 9:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Norman Stark J. Norman Stark , Attorney, Architect

Dear Annoyed: You have the right to quiet and peaceful enjoyment of your property, and your home. These public servants (Police, etc.) have the duty to not disturb the peace, and especially not one who votes and pays their very salaries.

A polite letter to your Chief of Police reminding them of their duty to obey a DO NOT DISTURB ordinance or other provision, should suffice. If not, contact an experrience Attorney to further advise and asssit you, with an appropriate solution to obtaining peace and QUIET!


J. Norman Stark, Attorney

(216) 531-5310 Ext. 22.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 8:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio