Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

Long story short. I was missled into getting four(4) cell phones for the neighbor girl. When the bill started coming in and she had no intention of paying it, I made her take the cell phones back to AT&T. There was an outstanding bill due of over $600.00. It went on my credit. When I received notice that it was in collections I paid it off. I spoke to the yopung woman who verbably agreeded to pay the bill in full. That was almost a year agao. As of this date she hasn't paid me the first red penny on it. I had to pay it off, because I am trying to buy the house I now live in. My question(s) is/are, is there a statute of limitations on this? And how can I go about getting my money from her (legally)?

Asked on 12/17/12, 9:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

This is a classic breach of an oral agreement, also known as a contract. You can sue her in small claims court. You're well within the statute of limitations for breach of contract. Contact your local municipal court for more information on how to file a small claims lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/12, 9:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio