Legal Question in Immigration Law in Ohio

can i get married and stay in india while i apply for my wife to come to america or do i have to come back to america

Asked on 3/22/12, 7:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

If you are a U.S. citizen filing for your foreign national spouse, there are no residency requirements. If you are a lawful permanent resident filing for your foreign national spouse then there are issues with abandonment of status and with physical presence / continuous residence towards your naturalization.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/12, 6:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Ohio