Legal Question in Immigration Law in Ohio

I recently got pulled over for speeding. I don't have a license. I was driving my boyfriends car. It's insured and all. And I'm what you call an illegal immigrant. Been here since 1994. Graduated here. I know perfect English. I'm between a hard spot and a rock. Not sure what to do. Heard bout this prayer for judgment. Can I get some answers please?

Asked on 8/31/13, 8:16 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

Most likely ICE will not bother you. They are under strict orders regarding only focusing on heavy hitting criminals and other fugitives. With that said, you may want to retain an immigration lawyer to discuss your options. You may actually be eligible for a benefit or two (in my mind and based off your limited facts presented).

Read more
Answered on 9/01/13, 9:01 am

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you only received a speeding ticket, then you probably will not have an immigration problem. Just pay the ticket & don't get into any trouble.

Depending on your age & other circumstances, you might be eligible for Deferred Action, or some other type of immigration benefit.

You did not provide enough specific information to determine if you are eligible for any immigration benefits at this time.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 7:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Ohio