Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Ohio

My 13 year old son was jumped by another 13 year old boy while walking home from flag football practice. Two much older men pulled my son away. The oldest man was spitting while screaming profanity and holding my boy against his will. The man squeezed hard enough to leave fingerail marks on his arm, Then he either open palmed hit him in the back or punched him in the back. It did leave a nice mark (fist size) red imprint on his back. I do have a picture on cell phone. We called and talked to an officer, and I said that we do want to press charges. The officer talked to the older man who denied spitting or hitting my son. The officer called us back, and said he knows the guy and that he believes the older man is telling the truth, so no charges are possible.My question is, Is it just over now? Does the older man just walk away? Is there absolutely nothing left for me to do? I am sorry for all the words. I am just kinda lost and confused with the whole situation. Thank You very much for your time.

Asked on 9/25/09, 10:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

You can sue the man for assault and battery against you son. I would be happy to represent you in this process.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Read more
Answered on 9/27/09, 2:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Ohio