Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Ohio

My boyfriend has lived with me in my house for 8 years. He has given me cash monthly to pay part of the cost of the house note and utilities. I have also given him money to pay for repairs on his car, etc. I have told him to move out. Does he have any rights to my house? Everything is in my name and he paid me in cash so there are no records of him paying

Asked on 3/15/15, 5:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jann Washington Jann C. Washington, Esq., LLC

Your boyfriend may be considered a tenant because you have received money from him for household expenses. My recommendation is for you to give him a 30 day written notice to vacate. If he does not do so, then give him the 3 day notice to vacate (look online for the proper language that must be contained in this notice, or contact an attorney to help you with this) and if he still does not vacate then you can file an eviction action against him in court.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/15, 6:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Ohio