Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Ohio

medical malpractice

how can you prove medical malpractice? what steps do i need to take to actually get someone to help me the attorneys around here are all afraid of taking on the hospital. my incident is not the first for this hospital nor the treating physician.

Asked on 2/24/09, 11:28 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs Jacobs & Lowder

Re: medical malpractice

you ultimately need to find another doctor that concludes that there was malpractice....attorneys are not always in the best position to determine whether something is malpractice...once you have that doctor, the attorneys will be lining up to sue....feel free to contact me directly for any more guidance....216.952.1990

Read more
Answered on 3/06/09, 11:52 pm
David Davies Law Office of David H. Davies

Re: medical malpractice

Medical malpractice cases must be handled differently than most other injury claims. The time limit for bringing an action is short and you have to have the case reviewed by a qualified doctor before you can file.

I will be happy to talk to you about your case if you give me a call. I have handled these types of cases in many parts of Ohio and Florida over the past 35 years. There is no charge or obligation for a confidential telephone conference.

Whatever you are going to do, you should act quickly. If you miss the time limit then you may not be able to pursue the claim even if it is a valid claim. Call me-Or call someone!

Good Luck!


Read more
Answered on 2/25/09, 12:25 am
David Weilbacher, Esq. Attorney at Law

Re: medical malpractice

You really need to be more specific in order for me to give you a detailed response. What type of medical malpractice are we talking about? A missed diagnosis, surgical mistake, birth injury? Did death occur?

Medical malpractice are different than ordinary injury claims. The time limit for bringing an action is one year. This period can be extended by six months if a particular type of letter is sent to the responsible parties before the one year is up. The case must be reviewed by a qualified doctor who provides an affidavit before you can file, or in some case within a short time after filing.

I previously worked for a medical malpractice defense firm. Now I'm on the Plaintiff's side. I will be happy to discuss your case if you call or email me. I have a doctors and nurses available to conduct an initial case assessment.

You must act quickly. You only have one year for the date of the occurrence to file suit.

Disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice. I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/09, 2:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Ohio