Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Ohio

I had a total knee replacement its been a year now the doctor that did the procedure is let go .not sure y they wont i find out my leg is shorter the the other one my knee still hurts and now my hip hurts i drive truck

Asked on 10/04/13, 8:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Slater Slater & Zurz LLP

To properly answer your questions, we would like to provide you with a free telephone consultation with one of our attorneys. Please call 1-800-297-9191 or email me at [email protected]

Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 8:13 pm
Thomas Ryan Ryan LLP

In the State of Ohio, you have one year from the date of medical treatment to file a lawsuit involving medical malpractice. While there are some exceptions to this rule, it is important to always keep this one year statute of limitations in mind when investigating your injury.

The second issue you need to consider is that medical malpractice lawsuits must include testimony from a license doctor, in the form of an affidavit, that states the lawsuit has merit. What that means to your claim is that you would need to pay for an expert to review your medical records and the surgical procedure to determine whether your care deviated from the minimum standards of care.

Finally, it is also to note that you may have developed a known complication from knee replacement surgery. This is also something that would be investigated by your expert.

The only way to have your case evaluated is to schedule a consultation with an attorney that has experience with medical malpractice law. They can obtain the necessary information and determine whether malpractice has occurred.

In any event, it is important not to wait any longer. The year long statute of limitations is short, especially with all the necessary work that must be completed prior to filing a lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 7:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Ohio