Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

blown up at work

i live in michigan,but was working in ohio at dupont where i was blown up.we were subcontracted by dupont to clean a tank.while i was cleaning a exchanger,something detonated in the tank dupont personal were working on.i was hit by the blast wave and now suffer cervical myelopathy and now need sergery.what is my best course of action to be compensated for my injurys

Asked on 8/21/02, 2:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mathew Schwartz

Re: blown up at work

You certainly have a workers compensation case if you are not already receiving comp. You may have a product liability case and/or a case against Dupont directly (depending on the facts). We have both workers compensation attorneys and product liability attorneys in our office who are licensed in and practice in Ohio.

Give our office a call toll free at (800) 209-4000 we can speak in more detail about this matter.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/02, 2:26 pm
David Weilbacher, Esq. Attorney at Law

Re: blown up at work

You have a Worker�s Compensation claim that would need to be pursued in Ohio. Depending on the facts, you may also have a claim against DuPont directly. You may also have a product liability claim, if the equipment the DuPont workers were using was somehow defective, and caused the accident. Both of these claims must be pursued in Ohio as well.

At which DuPont location were you working? The reason I ask is that the location of the work site would determine in which regional worker�s compensation office your petition would need to be filed.

Has your surgery been scheduled?

Please contact me at your earliest convenience, and I will be happy to discuss this matter with you in greater depth.

David Weilbacher

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 8/21/02, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio