Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

My Father passed away due to negligence, where do I go to file a wrongful death lawsuit and where can I find info on doing that? Im a minor and only child. No wife. He (my father) and my mother are both mentally handicapped. My father had a company that was provided to him for assistance in daily living. The company failed to keep him safe and he recently passed away as a cause. I would like to know how I start the process without an attorney. Id like to know what court to file with and where to find info on what you file to start the case. Thanks in advance.

Asked on 4/04/16, 8:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan Fisher Lowe Eklund Wakefield Co. LPA

I'm sorry to hear about your father's passing. Don't even bother to try and do this without an attorney as you're wasting your time. A wrongful death lawsuit is a very complicated legal proceeding fraught with pitfalls. If you try and pursue this case without a lawyer you will lose. I highly suggest you contact an attorney that specializes in wrongful death litigation and discuss the merits of your case with him.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/16, 8:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio