Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

what would happen if someone destroyed my birth certificate?,i stayed with a family for a while,and then i was kicked out,i left my stuff there,they wont give my stuff back until i give them money first.could i sue them for this if they ruin my important documents??

Asked on 5/28/10, 1:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You should be able to sue for the return of your belongings, but even if you win the case could go on for a while. Whether you win or lose (or even if you don't sue at all), you can just get a replacement certificate from the state that issued the original. Birth certificates are lost or destroyed all the time, so replacing them is a routine process.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/10, 4:32 pm
Joseph Jacobs Jacobs & Lowder

You can get your birth certificate from the city hall where you were born. Call me if you have more questions.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/10, 6:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio