Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

I was hit by a car while riding my bicycle. LTLhey were cited. will my underinsured rider kick in since they did not have enough insurance to cover my medical bills

Asked on 10/12/10, 5:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan Fisher Lowe Eklund Wakefield Co. LPA

Your UM coverage will provide coverage IF the limits of your policy exceed the drivers policy AND you have written permission from your UM carrier to accept the limits of the drivers policy. This is a VERY complex area of the law and it is fraught with land mines for the unwary. If you do not comply with the exact letter of your UM policy you will lose your UM coverage. I strongly suggest you get counsel if you want to be sure you get all the benefits entitled to you under the law. Make sure you find someone who is an expert in injury and insurance law. Feel free to call me if you want.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/10, 7:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio