Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

My parked car was run into by an unlicensed, uninsured driver who was apprehended before being able to leave the scene. My question is whether the local prosecutor's office will move for restitution or if I will need to retain an attorney to file a civil suit on my own. And upon getting a judgement, what is the likelihood of being able to enforce it if this person does not want to pay?

Thank you.

Asked on 11/17/12, 11:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

Be prepared to retain an attorney if your auto insurer does not provide you with adequate compensation for the property damage. Restitution from a criminal case can take many months or even years, if at all. Work through your insurer, as getting a judgment against the individual can be costly and time consuming.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/12, 6:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio