Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

My son (student #1) has been accused of hitting and damaging another student's (Student #2) vehicle at their school. They are assigned side-by-side parking spots. #2 did not report the 'accident' to the office personel at school. There is no damage to my son's vehicle; not even a scratch. There is a scratch and large dent on the bumper of #2's vehicle. My son says he doesn't think he hit the car. #2 says he did. My son has mentioned that he thinks that #2 may have hit a mailbox or maybe ran in the ditch and is trying to cover it up with his father. They are threatening to take legal action against us. Do they have a leg to stand on? My son is a good, responsible kid. He maintains a job, is the FFA president, and maitains good grades. He has never lied to me. I believe him and want to back him up. What should I do?

Asked on 3/21/11, 7:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Howard Mishkind Mishkind Kuwlicki Law Co. L.P.A.

You should report it to your insurance company and they will investigate the matter to establish whether there is any evidence to support the other child's claims. If the insurance company determines that there is insufficient evidence to support his allegatios they will deny the claim and then will assign an attorney to represent your son in the event that the other child hires an attorney and files suit. Good luck.

Howard Mishkind

Mishkind Law Firm

Read more
Answered on 3/22/11, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio