Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

my 78 yr old father is getting started making out his will, can he give his house to his 14 yr old grandson? the house is free & clear of any liens or mortgages.

Asked on 7/30/13, 2:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Norman Stark J. Norman Stark , Attorney, Architect

Dear Inquirer: NOT RECOMMENDED! I strongly urge you to form a Trust for the 14 year old, and place the proeprty in a Special Spendthrift Trust, to protect the property from futurec creditors or claimants, and a poor decision by a minor child.. Consult and retain an experienced Attorney ASAP to further explain the why's and wherefore's of this matter, and to protect the best interests of all.


J. Norman Stark,

Cleveland, Ohio

216-531-5310 Ext. 22..

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 4:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio