Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

Husband got scammed with a mortgage rescue firm and now house is scheduled to be sold in about 45 days. Does he have any recourse? Can he get the judgment vacated and start with court ordered mediation? Can he do this pro se? If so, is there a template? We live in the State of Ohio, Summit County.

Asked on 8/23/13, 11:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Norman Stark J. Norman Stark , Attorney, Architect

Dear Troubled: No, there is no simple, do-it-yourself solution. This will require an experienced Attrorney to intercede with the Court, to try to stop the Sheriff Sale. There are several ways to do this, with a considerate judge.

Iím an experienced Attorney with more than 35 years of professional practice solving and resolving clientsí legal matters in my areas of experience, in cases such as yours. Among the many methods available, an experienced Attorney will have to completwely review all of the mortgage documents, note, and allonges, etc. to find serious flaws in the Lender's case andclaims and pray the Court to set aside the foreclosure on the basis of applicable law and facts.

Contact an Attorney, explain the problem and let him or her advise you of the several ways to stop the foreclosure and sale. Bankruptcy may be among the many tools to consider, if necessary, to relieve you of liability.

Good luck and God Bless...


J. Norman Stark,

Clevelandm, Ohio.

216-531-5310 x22.,

Read more
Answered on 8/23/13, 12:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio