Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio


i rent and my appliances are responsible for repair by my landlord. My stove has been inop for 6 weeks can i got buy a new one and put the cost towards my next months rent

Asked on 3/08/09, 12:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Weilbacher, Esq. Attorney at Law

Re: rent

No. You need to give your landlord written notice of the needed repair, and your intent to terminate the lease. If the repair is not made within 30 days, you can go to the local housing court and start a rent deposit if the landlord has 4 or more rental units, or you can terminate the lease. You can also file a complaint with the housing court seeking an order by the court to the landlord to repair or replace the stove.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/09, 6:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio