Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

I need to short sell or do a deed in lieu of foreclosure on a rental condo I own. How does that affect the tenant? (He is a bum not paying rent so I may evict him anayway).

Asked on 8/27/09, 11:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Norman Stark J. Norman Stark , Attorney, Architect

Dear Condo Owner-in-Foreclosure: Retain legal counsel to represent you in preparing the Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure, to be certain you are not later charged with any monetary deficiency or judgment. As to the non-paying (Bum) renter, you can just leave that person to the mercy of the lender, unless you wish to expend funds to evict him/her now.

Good luck.

Sincerely, J. Norman Stark, Cleveland, OH.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/09, 8:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio