Legal Question in Social Security Law in Ohio

I got sick and was unable to work back in 2003. I applied for Social Security and was finally approved this year (2009) I then found out I had a 12 year old daughter and the state is coming after me for back support. They approved me for SSI, not SSDI. Even though I am on SSI they are still dragging me through court and talking about jail if I don\'t pay. I only get about $670 a month from SSI and it is my only source of income. They are now demanding that I pay a portion of my SSI if I want to stay out of jail. I am trying to find any info I can use to help prove to the courts that they are not allowed to demand my SSI and anything I can find to help keep me out of jail. I have too many health issues that need addressed and I know I won\'t get any decent medical care in jail.

Asked on 7/29/09, 5:25 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

I am sorry about your situation. You need an attorney to assist you with this. Someone needs to speak on your behalf because it is obvious these people are not listening to you.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at either [email protected] or [email protected]

I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/09, 4:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Ohio