Legal Question in Tax Law in Ohio

I received a notice from the Special Council for the State of Ohio Attorney General's office. They say they are trying to collect on back income taxes owed from 1995. My husband and I are SURE we paid this but don't have records going back that far (14 years and this is the first we are hearing about it?). What recourse do we have?

Asked on 9/10/09, 2:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

You need to send them a letter in which they prove that you actually owe the taxes they are claiming you owe. I would be happy to draft this letter for you.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Read more
Answered on 9/12/09, 5:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Ohio