Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

my father is in a nursing home and wants to give me his car worth about $15,000. can he do that.

Asked on 4/29/18, 8:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Brandabur Brandabur Law, LLC

Your father can do so as long as he is competent, and is doing so of his own free will. However, there may be reasons he does not want to. For example if he is anticipating that he will need Medicaid assistance within the next 5 years, the transfer will be an issue. This is due to Medicaid's 5 year look back rule.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/18, 6:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio