Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

My best friend - who was like a mother to be - recently died, and her son-in-law is executor of the estate. She specifically told me she left her car to me, but he's pressuring me to release it to his daughter (her 15 yro granddaughter). Due to history with him, and his manipulation (he started in on me the same day I was told she died) I'm not comfortable dealing with him on this matter. Also, she told me I was in her will - I don't know if she just meant the car or otherwise. He supposedly hired an attorney to take care of the probate issues, but I haven't yet been contacted by that attorney. (it's still early as she only died 2 weeks ago) Also as I said, I'm not comfortable talking with her son-in-law directly. Any advise? Should I retain legal counsel to deal with this matter, or just wait and see?

Asked on 9/09/09, 1:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

You need to check the county courthouse website of the county that you are in to see if the will has been admitted to probate. If so, and if you are in the will, then you should be notified. I would definitely suggest retaining counsel and I would be happy to help you out.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Read more
Answered on 9/12/09, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio