Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

I am an insurance and had a client that passed away. Aflac wrote him a short term disability check and would only write it to his estate. His son advised me that the banks will not cash it. Does he have to set up an estate account and will it have to go through probate?

Asked on 9/11/17, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Brandabur Brandabur Law, LLC

Unfortunately, Yes. Depending on the value of the "Estate", they will likely be able to do an abbreviated process, such as Relief from Administration, or a Summary Release from Administration.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/17, 10:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio